These little energy bites are the perfect healthy and nourishing pick-me-up when you’re just not sure what to snack on. Great to grab on the go, as pre-workout fuel or for desert when you want something a little healthier! If you’re allergic to nuts then these are also great for you as they’re totally nut free, unlike many energy bites.
Yield: 10 Bites | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooling: 15 minutes+ | Vegan
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 12 soaked dates
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Maca Powder
- 2 Squares of Chocolate (Dark 70% at least is healthiest!)
- Blend the oats and pumpkin seeds into a fine powder resembling flour. You can do this is a food processor or a drinks blender (I used a NutriBullet)
- Add in all the other ingredients and blend gently until a sticky ‘dough’ is formed.
- Roll your ‘dough’ into 10 balls and top with crushed pieces of your chocolate
- Place into the fridge for at least 15 minutes to allow them to harden up. Enjoy!!
They have such a delicious, indulgent flavour made nice and sweet by the dates without any need for refined sugars! Maca is rich in vitamin B, C and E and is also great for balancing hormones and giving a boost of energy. If you try these out let me know what you think!