It’s Sunday and what better way to start your day than a fresh stack of healthy, yes HEALTHY, matcha pancakes? These 5 ingredient pancakes are sure to give your morning a great energy boost whilst nourishing your insides and delighting your tastebuds..they’re THAT good…
Matcha powder has 137 times more antioxidants than a regular cup of green tea, boosts metabolism, burns fat effectively, naturally detoxifies the body and calms the mind. Yes I’m sure you’ve heard of all the superfoods and the antioxidants they hold, but matcha is unparalleled in comparison in terms of anti-oxidising benefits as it’s ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance activity) ability is 1573 units per gram which is significantly more than other ’superfoods’ such as blueberries 93 units!
What’s more, these pancakes are refined sugar, gluten and artificial ingredient free AND super filling – perfect for before a workout! Note these pancakes are a little gooeyer in the middle than normal pancakes and have a yummy pudding-melt-in-the-mouth consistency!
Okay, enough of the science talk…let’s get down to the good stuff!
Healthy Matcha Pancakes:
- 1 Medium Banana
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Oats
- 1 heaped Tsp Nutriseed Ceremonial Matcha
- protein yoghurt
- more banana
- Blend all ingredients in a blender ( I use a nutribullet) to create a super smooth ‘batter’ and add water as necessary for desired thickness; alternatively you can mash the banana and combine the other ingredients by hand however your batter will be more lumpy.
- Heat a pan on the stove ( oil/butter is not essential but you can add some if you prefer) and when hot pour the batter onto the pan in 3 medium circles or 4 slightly smaller ones – whatever your heart desires!
- After 3 to 4 minutes, depending on how hot your pan is, carefully lift a little of the edges and check to see if the undersides are cooked, flip as normal and allow them to cook on the other side.
- Once done, plate them up and drizzle over your favourite toppings – I used SKYR protein yoghurt, more banana and a drizzle of honey! Enjoy!!
You Might Also Like: