As we start this new year many of us will start to make new years resolutions, but why do we make these? I want to live my best life, don’t we all? The slightly elongated answer is actually that we are all in pain, now it may not be a physical or consciously felt pain but it allows us to know that out current habits are not allowing us to live our best life, and therefore we change them in order to improve. Following on from my last post about Inspiration, I decided to post some of my New Year’s Resolutions on CLB and then revisit them at the end of the year to see what I have achieved.
When making resolutions its common to make superficial ones about our appearance: get thinner, diet, clear skin etc. and whilst there is nothing wrong with this if that is what you want to set as a goal but the problem with this is that we spend the first and last weeks of the year thinking about the things we hate most about ourselves. This is why I like to focus on feelings I want to have and things I want to see, because these things are real and they really matter. So here are some of my resolutions..
1) Continue getting fit. One of my Resolutions for 2015 was to get fit and healthy and I can happily say I have achieved that and I want to continue this in 2016; continue to enjoy working out, going to the gym and exercise classes and work hard to eat healthily.
2) Do Something I’ve Never Done. I find this resolution particularly exciting because who knows what the New Year will hold and what exciting opportunities are to come.
3) See The People I Miss. There are many people that I miss and many of them live in Egypt; I want to put this as a resolution because it’s something I know I’ll achieve and will be happy to do it.
4) Study Hard for the GCSE Grades I Want. This year I’ll be sitting my GCSE’s in Summer (GCSE’s = Sophomore year finals) and I’m crazy nervous yet excited to finally be finished with school and move onto College studying things I actually want to study!
5) Do Things That Makes Me Feel Alive. A little cliché, I know, but I really mean it. This year I want to do things that make me feel alive and make me feel happy to be so; wether they’re small things or big, crazy things, I want to feel alive!
6) Pick My blog Up Again. If you’re an avid reader of CLB (if not I expect you now shall be, yes??!) then you may have notices that I have been slightly – maybe very – inconsistent with my blog due to just being so busy and a lack of schedule; but this year I want to work super hard on this blog to produce content you all love.
I really believe that we should continually strive to be better versions of ourselves and strive to love the things we do. What is your biggest goal for 2016?
You may Also Like: